The Manchester club seems to hit a deadlock over their London partners over the transfer of the Brazilian attacker Willian, but journalist Duncan Stile believes the transfer could still happen. Manchester united have been linked with a host of transfer so far in the current window, but are believed to be heavily interested in Willian.
Willian have been subject to a move away from the bridge. This is believed to be due to lack of gameplay for the Brazilian player who seems to fall out of the starting lineup under former boss Antonio Conte last season. Barcelona is also eyeing the Chelsea star, but Jose Mourinho in the past said his confident of signing the star player.
According to Sunday Times journalist Duncan Stiles, the Manchester club are still interested in the Brazilian and could allow France international Anthony Martial to join the London club as a backup for Hazard who could join Real Madrid.
In his statement on Transfer Window podcast, Castle said “Man United were convinced by Mourinho to make offer for Willian or use Martial in a deal to replace Eden Hazard”. “It is a situation that opens up for negotiation in the coming weeks to solve problems for both clubs”.
Manchester United preparing for the new league season as they hope to challenge reigning champions Manchester city for the Premier league title. The Manchester club is yet to win the league since the departure of Alex Ferguson five years ago and will be hoping to get it right on the 6th time of asking.
Manchester united finished second in the previous campaign with Mourinho finishing without a trophy in his second year at the club.