Juventus Sporting director Fabio Paratici has revealed that Ronaldo will be difficult to replace at the Turin in the event of his departure. The director made the statement to the media on Monday.
Juventus signed the Portuguese talisman from Spanish club Real Madrid last summer in a deal valued at €100 million euros as a testament for the ambition for continental domination.
Real Madrid since the departure of Ronaldo languishes in fourth position with the Los Blancos yet to secured victory in their last four games in all competition.
Paratici critical of the current form of the Spanish club and the post-Ronaldo effect, made a statement at the Manlio Scopigno ceremony at Reiti at central Italy after receiving Manager of the Year award. He said: “Ronaldo is probably the best player in the history of the game so he isn’t easy to replace”.
Pratici went further to reveal that the 5-time World best player had been keen on joining the Old Lady from the beginning.
“We talked about it initially, and straight away we got the feeling he wanted to join us, which was a huge advantage,” he said. “Real Madrid had a gentleman’s agreement with him, the ownership kicked things off and negotiations began”.
Pratici went on to reaffirm Juventus support for the player, who is currently facing a rape allegation following an incident from 2009. “Cristiano is a very simple person and an excellent professional, he has all our support,” said Paratici.