1. Nigeria: NFF Directs Rohr to Source for Players From Local League
Nigeria Football Federation President, Amaju Pinnick has directed Super Eagles’ Manager, Gernot Rohr to monitor domestic competitions for players for his team. Pinnick said the continued dependence on players based overseas was undermining the development of Nigerian football, noting that inviting 23 foreign-based stars for a match against lowly-rated teams like Seychelles was a waste of resources.
2. Nigeria: Mikel Out for Rest of Season
Super Eagles Captain and Tianjin TEDA midfielder, John Obi Mikel will miss the remainder of the Chinese Super League season due to injury. Ayo Olu Ibidapo of the Communication Department of the Nigeria Football Federation NFF confirmed the report.
3. Chukwueze outlines respect for Rapid Wien
The Yellow Submarine can have a foot in the UEFA Europa League Round of 32 on Thursday night with a win in their Group G match at the Allianz Stadion against Rapid Wien.
“It’s going to be an interesting game. We are facing a very difficult team with so much determination,” considered Samuel Chukwueze to Footballlive.ng.
4. Nigeria: Bad News for Rohr – Ighalo Injured, Doubtful for Bafana Bafana Clash
Super Eagles forward, Odion Ighalo, is doubtful for the Super Eagles’ 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying fixture against the Bafana Bafana of South Africa after picking up an injury in Changchun Yatai’s 2-2 home draw against Tianjin Quanjin in a Chinese Super League clash yesterday.
5. Etebo Foundation To Donate More Than Ten Thousand Textbooks To 64 Public Primary Schools In Delta State