1. Super 8 must go ahead, insists NFF
The Emergency Committee of the Nigeria Football Federation, headed by NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, at the weekend announced that it had directed the commencement of the Super 8 tournament of the Nigeria National League to produce four teams to be promoted to the Nigeria Professional Football League for the 2018/19 Season.
The NNL insists all eight clubs must be automatically promoted to the topflight rather than compete at the play-offs to produce four teams that would be promoted to the NPFL. Six teams namely Insurance, 3SC, Remo Stars, Delta Force, Kada Stars and Kogi United have boycotted the play-offs with only Gombe United and Real Stars agreeing to play in the Super 8.
2. Udeze: This Is Why Rohr May Have Blamed Ndidi, Other Leicester Midfielders For Iheanacho’s Poor Form; Onazi’s Form Key To Eagles Return
Former Super Eagles defender Ifeanyi Udeze on Monday expressed belief that Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr has leapt to the defense of striker Kelechi Iheanacho for his indifferent form so far this season by blaming the player’s club teammates in midfield.
3. Iheanacho Receives High Rating From Leicester Coach
Puel, though, reckoned that Iheanacho has not been able to make a huge individual impact nor hit a haul of goals because he is not receiving adequate passes from his pals, footballlive.ng reports.
Iheanacho has struggled in front of goal since arriving from Manchester City striker, with his form this season with club and country coming under even more intense scrutiny.
4. Sporting Charleroi Concerned About Fitness Of Osimhen, Eagles Striker Undergoes Scan
5. Arsenal’s Nigerian Winger Amaechi Is Back After Three Months On The Sidelines